Wednesday, September 21, 2016

SEC College Football Picks Week 4

Welp, last week was a disaster as Alabama couldn't hold on to an 18 point lead and an easy cover with 5 minutes left. Instead, I got beat on my 2 unit play, went 1-4 on the week, and we're down 3 units now going into Week 4. But that's fine, because Vegas made a big payday last week. Nobody I know on the picking circuit did well with the crazy outcomes. You're going to have those weeks, so let's not make it two in a row.

STRAIGHT UP PICKS

Kent State v. Alabama - ALABAMA
Georgia v. Ole Miss - GEORGIA
Mississippi State v. Massachusetts - MS STATE
Florida v. Tennessee - TENNESSEE
Vanderbilt v. Western Kentucky - WESTERN KENTUCKY
LSU v. Auburn - LSU
South Carolina v. Kentucky - SOUTH CAROLINA
Arkansas v. Texas A&M - TEXAS A&M

BETTING PICKS (1 Unit every play this week)

I don't really like a lot of games from an action standpoint this week. You have a bunch of close spreads in these games, and in many cases the games are within one score. Five games on the slate have a 7 point spread or less.

I'm avoiding Florida and Tennessee because of the injury to the Florida QB. I never try to bet into new QBs especially in rivalry games. Forget about a 22 point spread on MS State and UMASS because I'm not sure if MS State will care. Same with Alabama and Kent State.

So let's not go nuts this week. I'm playing only one unit on each play.

Georgia +7 over Ole Miss - Nobody is giving Georgia much of a chance in this game, but Ole Miss hasn't proven they can play without giving the other team the ball and blowing a huge lead. If Georgia can just weather the first half storm, they have to feel they can keep this close and possibly win.

LSU -3.5 over Auburn - LSU is better than Auburn. The spread is lower because LSU has struggled to put a consistent offense on the field, and because they are on the road. Were the game in LSU, they'd be favored by 10.5 easily. With that in mind, I like LSU winning by a TD.

South Carolina +2 over Kentucky - These are bad teams, but South Carolina is less bad than Kentucky. I don't care that Kentucky put up points against cupcakes. The second Kentucky faces a team with an defensive talent, they pull the EL FOLDO.

Texas A&M -6 over Arkansas - I've liked A&M all year. I continue to like them in this game, and they are my dark horse in the SEC West to take down Alabama. I'll ride them here in a neutral site, and hope for the best.

FLYER MONEY LINE PICK

GEORGIA +240 - This is only if you're feeling frisky. I like taking the points much better than laying the money line for a Dawgs team on the road that struggled with Missouri, but if you believe that UGA is a sleeper team then this is the play. But again, this week isn't exactly the week to expect a bunch of upsets since the lines are tight.

Alright there's your picks. Let's turn it around this week and make some $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment