Wednesday, October 5, 2016

SEC Picks Week 6

Week 5 was the worst bloodbath I've taken in 3 years. Good lord. I went 0-5 on my picks and 7 units in the crapper. Upside is I can't get worse than zero, but I'm having a major problem predicting this conference this year. And apparently I'm not alone because several of the bettors I've talked to are avoiding SEC games now. Why? Because honestly outside of Alabama the conference doesn't look that great, and they certainly aren't consistent at all. So with that being said, we might need to shift strategy a little, and pick with higher units on fewer games instead of spreading out the issue. Down 12 units now. Yikes.

Straight Up Picks:

Auburn v. Mississippi State -  MS STATE
LSU v. Florida - FLORIDA
Tennessee v. Texas A&M - TEXAS A&M
Vanderbilt v. Kentucky - KENTUCKY
Alabama v. Arkansas - ALABAMA
Georgia v. South Carolina - GEORGIA

Betting Picks:

Vanderbilt v. Kentucky - take KENTUCKY -3 (2 UNITS) - there's no reason to believe either of these teams are good, but the home team has a better shot in this one, and I don't think Vanderbilt can score on anybody this year.

LSU v. Florida - take FLORIDA (3 UNITS) - I like Florida in this game at home if they play it in Florida. If that move this one to Baton Rogue, take it off the board.

Auburn v. Mississippi State - take MS STATE (4 UNITS) - I'll fade Auburn almost all year long, but they are favored on the road when they've yet to play a single true road game all season. Why would you trust them to go into a hostile environment at night? Yes, they've scored 58 and 51 against cupcakes, but they've averaged 17 points against teams with a pulse. Meanwhile I think MS State can score 20+ and they are looking to make a statement after a bad LSU loss.

May the odds be in your favor this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment