Saturday, November 14, 2015

SEC Picks Week 11!

Sorry for the delay on the picks, but you should be using these as mainly comedy while you watch my teams have the games won and then blow them in the second half. I'm looking at you Tennessee. Anyway I'm down 11 units now because I got aggressive and lost. That's the risk you take. But I'm not going to stop now. 20 units is my usual season bankroll, so we're going to keep picking until I go down the with ship. Laughing all the way at the upsets. I mean Arkansas winning outright? Auburn destroying A&M? SC actually hanging 21 on Tennessee in a quarter? The world is upside down.

FOUR UNIT PLAY

Arkansas @ LSU -7: LSU -7 - Again, prisoner of the moment stuff with Arkansas. This spread would be probably 14 points if LSU won and Arkansas lost last week. Instead, LSU was beaten by the best team in the country, and Arkansas pulled a game out of its ass. I'll take a really pissed off Tigers team at home who is going to stay alive in discussion against a very average Arkansas run defense. Four units.

TWO UNIT PLAYS

Alabama @ Mississippi State +8: ALABAMA -8 - Alabama always wins this game. They've won it 7 years in a row. Mississippi State might get some picks as a prisoner of the moment, but the only way this stays close is if Dak Prescott turns into Superman, and that's too much of a risk to bet on it. Two units.

ONE UNIT PLAYS

Georgia @ Auburn EVEN: GEORGIA EVEN - This game is a coinflip, but I'll put a unit on the Dawgs for one reason, they just happen to defend the run pretty well. Not against great opponents, mind you, but Auburn isn't a great opponent.

Florida @ South Carolina +7.5: FLORIDA -7.5 - I'm taking the Gators with one unit because of the hook. Florida's offense struggled with Vandy, South Carolina showed they can hang with a team at home. But Florida's defense is infinitely better than South Carolina, and South Carolina can't stop even a pedestrian offense.

Kentucky @ Vanderbilt -3.5: VANDY -3.5 - Too many people are taking Kentucky in this game for my taste. 60% of the money is on Kentucky, who hasn't proven anything since beating a terrible Mizzou team. Vandy went toe to toe with one of the best defenses in the SEC and gave it away at the end of the road. I think it's prisoner of the moment stuff, so I'll go with the home team.

BYU v. Missouri +5.5: MIZZOU +5.5 - I'll take a small number on Missouri in this one. Gary Pinkel just announced he's going to retire for health reasons, the campus is going through some major changes, and the team will band together. I'm betting on an emotional lift for the Tigers in this game. One unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment