Thursday, October 29, 2015

SEC Picks Week 9!

Let's be honest, most of the SEC games suck this weekend. You've got the Georgia-Florida game, and that's about it. You MIGHT be excited about Ole Miss and Auburn, but Ole Miss lost to Memphis and Auburn is out of contention for everything. LSU and Bama are off this week. So it's a cavalcade of mediocre matchups with one big game that will likely decide the East. SC and A&M? Should be a blowout. Tennessee and Kentucky? Snoozers.

I lost 2 units last week because Missouri screwed me. They've activated Maty Mauk now from what I'm hearing. Well no crap. I guess getting whomped defensively by Vandy in their first SEC win in what seems like forever would do that. I should have known better in this bizarre season. 4 units down total now thru Week 9, and it seems fitting given how many crazy upsets we've seen. Excuses, excuses. On to the picks! No 2 unit plays this week since it's mostly low key matchups.

1 Unit Plays:

Ole Miss @ Auburn +7.5: I like AUBURN +7.5 in this game. This is simply a system play. One, I like home dogs in this crazy season. Two, I tend to shy away from any favorite on the road having to pay over the TD. Three, Ole Miss got smoked in their last two road games at Florida and Memphis, so I question their ability to travel.

South Carolina @ Texas A&M -16.5: I like TEXAS A&M -16.5 in this game. Texas A&M is a home favorite by a bunch coming off two losses in a row while they looked offensively bereft. But A&M is 4-1 this season as a favorite, while South Carolina has already lost a head coach, and is 0-3 ATS on the road. The number is high, but it's worth a one unit play.

Georgia v. Florida -3: I like GEORGIA +3 in the game. Logic would tell you not to take the Dawgs in this game and bet the Gators based on their defense. However, this game is anything but logical. 2 of the last 4 years, the team that was lower ranked won the game. It's about as 50-50 as you can make it every year, and with the exception of 2014, it's usually close. The Dawgs also won 3 of the last 4, so they've done well in this series of late. I'm taking the Dawgs in an upset, and I think Richt will shuffle his QBs around.

Vanderbilt @ Houston -12.5: I like HOUSTON -12.5 in this game. This is the best offense Vandy will see all year, and Houston is undefeated for a reason. I'm going with Houston because they are 4-2 so far as the favorite, and even though Vandy is 4-1-1 as a dog, they've played teams like Mizzou and South Carolina that have zero offensive firepower.

Tennessee @ Kentucky -9: I like TENNESSEE - 9 in this game. Kentucky is awful against the spread this year. 1-4 at home, 2-5 overall. Tennessee is 2-1 as a favorite, 1-0-1 on the road. Yes, it's two scores and that gives me pause, but I think Tennessee has finally settled into a role for Josh Dobbs that works, and their defense is improving against the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment